Thursday, December 8, 2011

Let's Take it to the Cushy Chairs

I have my big mug of tea. The steam follows me into the livingroom where we can sit and curl up in the oversized chairs for a chat! Last night's weather layed down a heavy white blanket over everything. The frosting clings fast to the tiniest branch and twig on the maples, birch and beech trees. I hope our squirrels have gathered up everything they wanted because this could be a long winter. 

So glad to hear that you are ahead of the squirrels at your place and that you have gatherd the pecans to a safe place where they'll dry and be ready soon to crack and use!   I have been pouring over a Williams-Sonoma catalog (I don't get one, but picked it up at work). This month's christmas edition has the most beautiful pictures of treats! I can see lots of things to put those pecans in.  On page two they show an electric pie maker...make 4 tiny pies in one baking - and only in 10 minutes!  comes with a mini-pie lifter! and even 'mini pie fililng' ha, ha!  These guys even make pate look good! (looks like fudge!)  I wish you had a copy of this so you could see the holiday dinnerware - WOW! red and white toile on page 90 and winter stag on page 96. Such beautifully set dinner tables. We must all have a dinner party! 

The sun has just popped out from behind huge gray cloud clusters. Everything's dripping. Ruger would like Meg to come so they could soak in the heat of the woodstove together. We would both have our feet on their tummies, giving them a rub while we warm our toes.  Well, my tea is almost gone - how about yours? I think it's time for a second cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment