Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Quiet Morning

It's Saturday morning, again and the house is slowly waking up. No rushing to answer the alarm clock, no "gearing up" for another day of work.  The road outside is quiet and the sun peeks quietly through the trees almost like it knows we need our rest. Even the dog wants to sleep in.

The urge to fill the day with "stuff" is strong... maybe I should do the laundry, or make a fast trip to the dump or maybe run some errands.  To not fill up the time with activity seems like a waste because there is always something that could be accomplished.  Somehow, I don't think we are supposed to always be in the "running" mode.   So, today I'm putting it in neutral (well, maybe in 1st gear) and I am not rushing thither and yon this hot summer day.  If you have a chance, grab a glass of something cool and sit in the shade with me.

1 comment:

  1. How true! I love Saturday mornings like that! I have not had one in quite some time, as it is a work morning. I have had a few weekdays like it though and I love them!!
    I see it worked! getting on the blog, that is
    Great post! This could be great fun!
    You should see the notification that you have a "comment" on your email (charter.net)...hopefully, if I did it right.

    ReplyDelete